Last Updated: December 29, 2020
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect your personal information because it helps us deliver a superior level of customer service and enables us to give you convenient access to our products and services. In addition, your personal information helps us keep you posted on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers, and events that you might like to or need to learn about.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect information such as:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for an account and/or make a ROG Security purchase, request additional information or a newsletter, or otherwise contact us or provide us information, we may ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address, phone number, or username).
- For certain services, we also request credit card or other payment account information. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other ROG Security services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services.
- For certain services, we may collect your network information and device information in order to perform the ROG services.
- Log information – When you access ROG Security services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to ROG Security, we will retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- ROG Security may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our technology and user experience.
- We may ask for your personal information when you’re discussing a service issue on the phone, with an associate, downloading a software update, registering for a seminar, participating in an online survey, registering your products, or purchasing a product.
- When you interact with ROG Security, we may collect personal information relevant to the situation, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences.
- We may also collect information for market research purposes — such as your occupation, company type, and where you use our products — to gain a better understanding of our customers and thus provide more valuable service.
- We collect information regarding customer and partner activities on our websites. This helps us to determine how best to provide useful information to customers and to understand which parts of our websites, products, and Internet services are of most interest to them.
- We may use personal information to provide products that you have requested as well as for auditing, research, and analysis to improve ROG Security’s products.
- In the event that your employer has a written agreement with ROG Security governing access to ROG Security information or programs, ROG Security may use your Personal Information to verify compliance with the agreement, log software licenses granted, track software downloaded from those pages, or track usage of other applications available on those pages.
ROG Security processes personal information on servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we may process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our own services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party.
Choices for personal information
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some ROG Security features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case ROG Security may not be able to provide those services to you.
ROG Security only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of ROG Security in the following limited circumstances: we have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of ROG Security, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties’ certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information. Such information does not identify you individually.
We may share with our service providers, vendors, and strategic partners. There are also times when it may be advantageous for ROG Security to make certain personal information about you available to companies that ROG Security has a strategic relationship with or that perform work for ROG Security to provide products and services to you on our behalf. These companies may help us process information, extend credit, fulfill customer orders, deliver products to you, manage and enhance customer data, provide customer service, assess your interest in our products and services, or conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are also obligated to protect your personal information in accordance with ROG Security’s policies. Without such information being made available, it would be difficult for you to purchase products, have products delivered to you, receive customer service, provide us feedback to improve our products and services, or access certain services, offers, and content on the ROG Security website.
Use of Email Addresses
You may not copy email addresses that you find on our Web site and/or email or any other correspondence and publish them in any electronic or other means for the purposes of adding to a mailing list or selling to others for any purposes including but not limited to email campaigns or lead generation.